The EHOA currently have a bank of over 200 private trainers providing food safety training throughout the country delivering the EHOA’s Primary Course in Food Safety. The course consists of a minimum of 8 hours, followed by an assessment of 1 hour duration. On completion of the course, sucessful participants are awarded a certificate from the Environmental Health Officers' Association. This Cert is valid for 5 years from the date of issue. Click here to see up coming courses.
The course consists of the following Sessions:
- Session 1 Introduction to Food Safety
- Session 2 Microbiological Hazards
- Session 3 Food Contamination
- Session 4 HACCP From Food Delivery to Storage
- Session 5 HACCP From Food Preparation to Cooking and Service
- Session 6 Personal Hygiene
- Session 7 Food Premises and Equipment
- Session 8 Pest Control
- Session 9 Cleaning and Disinfection
- Session 10 Food Safety Law and Enforcement
Part of the course allows for interactive quiz.
Click here to Download Primary Course in Food safety Brochure